If you’ve made it this far, then welcome! After years of sharing my thoughts and feelings about books on Instagram I thought it was finally time to take the leap and start the book blog I’ve always dreamed about.
If you don’t already know me, I’m Jordyn. Book loving, tea sipping extraordinaire! When people ask me about my hobbies my list usually starts and ends with reading, with some book shopping, tea drinking and picnicking thrown in between. Put all of those things together and you’ve pretty much summed up my perfect day.
Another thing I love to do, is review books. I’ve been posting mini reviews on Instagram for a few years now but a little while back I started to feel like it was time for more. So, I began writing reviews in a journal. They’re quite short, but I’ve decided that it’s time to share them with the world. If you’re looking for something to read, then I’m hoping my reviews can help!
Since we’re both new here, I thought I’d share a few things about me. So, here it goes!
- I live in Melbourne, Australia. It’s a great city. So many things to do! And so many bookstores to explore!
- I recently spent two and a half years living in England. For most of my time there I lived in Brighton (Hove, actually), exploring the English countryside and teaching English in a boys’ school.
- Which brings me to my next point, I’m an English teacher! A surprise to nobody. I love that my job involves talking about and analysing books all day. Plus, it’s so great to see students become book lovers like me. Such fun!
- I’m obsessed with tea. I worked in a tea shop right through my university days which means a large chunk of my brain is now taken up by (mostly useless) tea knowledge. I’ve got about 30 different varieties at home but really I’m a simple Irish Breaky kinda gal.
- A book blogger who loves Harry Potter? Shocking, I know! But it’s another of my obsessions. We’ll discuss this more later, but for now just know this; I LOVE HARRY POTTER.
- You may have noticed my pink hair. It’s my way of expressing the extrovert that lives inside me. I like to joke that my demographic is 4 – 6 year old girls. When I walk down the street it’s a constant stream of, ‘look, that girl has pink hair!’ and it always makes me smile.
- I love to wear colourful, patterned outfits. The brighter the better I say! I take a lot of inspiration from my favourite show: RuPaul’s Drag Race. If you decide to shantay you stay with me on this blogging journey then no doubt you’ll see my colourful wardrobe brought to life.
- Last but certainly not least, why the name ‘Jordyn Lightyear’ I hear you ask? I like to think of Buzz Lightyear as my alter-ego. What’s not to love about a character who believes he’s more than a toy and brings joy to everyone he meets? Below you’ll see my dressed up (another thing I love to do) like Buzz on my 23rd birthday back in 2015.
Anyway, enough from me for now. It’s time to see if I can fall with style, just like Buzz. So, let’s take this book journey to infinity… and beyond!